Browse Items (69 total)

  • Tags: Derby Historical Museum

690 Derby Post Office 1938 Museum.jpg
An interior view of the Derby Post Office located in what is now the VFW in 1938. Sarah Zoe Alley held the position of Postmaster or Postmistress from Oct. 1, 1937 - July 1, 1944.

Pictured (left to right): Beulah (Austin) Rippel, James Alley (in…

53170028 - 1395 First Baptist Church 1885 slide Jul 1969 Museum.jpg
The Derby Baptist Church was built at Market and Georgia around 1885 and dedicated on November 22, 1885.

1984-1989 Charles W. Hubbard Superintendent Central Office Administrator 1968-1984 Elementary Principal 1956-1962 Teacher 1952-1956.JPG
Teacher 1952-1956
Elementary Principal 1956-1962
Central Office Administrator 1968-1984
Superintendent 1984-1989

2006-2017 Craig W. Wilford Superintendent of Schools DMS Assistant Principal 1991-1994 Sixth Grade Center Principal 1994-2001 Director Community and Student Services 2001-2002 Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources 2002-2006.JPG
Derby Middle School Assistant Principal 1991-1994
Sixth Grade Center Principal 1994-2001
Director Community and Student Services 2001-2002
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources 2002-2006
Superintendent of Schools 2006-2017

564 Davidson and Case 1908 Museum.jpg
The Davidson and Case Lumber Company was located on Baltimore. This building later became the Trading Post.

691 Derby Post Office 1938 Museum.jpg
The Derby Post Office was located at 101 S. Baltimore on the corner of Baltimore and Washington. The building currently houses the VFW and was originally built in 1918 by Ed and George Klegg and Claude and Zoe Alley. One side housed the Derby Post…

2020-09-26 16.35.48.jpg
In March 1924, this red brick building opened as the third school at this site. It had 10 classrooms, study hall, small office, two modern lavatories and a gymnasium/auditorium. From 1924 to 1953, this was the only public school in town; high school…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2