Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Debbie Avenell

107 Womens Basketball Team 1933 Debbie Avenell.jpg
The 1933 Derby High School Women's Basketball Team

Front row (left to right): Mary Trickey, Florence Hunter, Mary Anna Costin, Barbara Costin, and Eileen Nelson.

Back row (left to right): Isal Jane Sawin, Louise Bowman, Jessie Rich, Corrine…

105 Derby Mens Basketball Team 1933 Debbie Avenell.jpg
The 1933 Derby Men's Basketball Team

Front row (left to right): Charles Simonsen (Class of 1934), James Hamilton (Class of 1933), Coach Marshall Hiskey, James Mahoney (Class of 1934), and Robert Hamilton (Class of 1933)

Back row (left to…

98 Skip Day Seniors 1934 Debbie Avenell.jpg
The Class of 1934 decided to visit Winfield for their Senior Skip Day in 1934. The entire class including the teacher Olga Lauber (far right) and Coach Marshall Hiskey (in the back on the far right) went to visit Hazel Hall, the older sister of Mary…

97 Arkansas River flooding Oaklawn Field 1917 Debbie Avenell.jpg
The flooding of the Arkansas River onto the Oaklawn Field in 1917.

96 Helping Harvest at River 1917 Debbie Avenell.jpg
Harvest time near the Arkansas River in 1917 on the Carlton farm (located in what is now Oaklawn).

108 Craig House 1893 Debbie Avenell.jpg
The Craig house pictured in 1893 was located on Clifton north of 47th St, where the Oaklawn Learning Center is. The house burned down after standing for over 100 years.

Pictured (left to right): Major Turpin, Lilly Craig, Maude Pearl Craig, Mary…

104 Charles Carlton House 1899 Debbie Avenell.jpg
Charles Carlton’s house pictured in 1899 located on the southwest corner of 55th and Oliver. Pictured (left to right): a hired hand, Carrie, Charles, Franklin, and Opal Carlton.

3b892fbaf03ee3d3c3e4cb8b93cbba1a.jpg
The Carlton family came to Derby in 1871 and built a house located on Oliver between 47th and 55th on the west side. The family is pictured in 1894 (left to right): Lucinda (in the background), Franklin S., Lilly Belle, Maude Pearl Carlton; upstairs:…

95 Carlton Family 1876 Debbie Avenell.jpg
Franklin S. and Lucinda Carlton came to Sedgwick County in December 1871 initially purchasing 400 acres along the Arkansas River and by 1888 his land totaled 1,000 acres. They built a house located on Oliver between 47th and 55th on the west side.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2